US Embassy London
Emergency Message for U.S. Citizens
Security Incidents in London
03 June 2017
Police in London are reporting that serious security incidents have occurred on the evening of June 3 on London Bridge and at the nearby Borough Market. U.S. citizens in London are urged to avoid those areas and to follow local media and other information sources for additional guidance. You can follow police updates directly via Twitter at @metpoliceuk.
Review your personal security plans, remain aware of your surroundings, especially in crowds or at large events, and monitor local news sources for updates. Be vigilant and take appropriate steps to enhance your personal security.
If you are a U.S citizen in the United Kingdom and you are safe, please let family and friends know, including by updating your status on social media.
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and United Kingdom Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in London, located at 24 Grosvenor Square, London, W1K 2LQ, at +44 (0) 20 7499 9000, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday or by email at SCSLondon@state.gov. The after-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens in need of urgent assistance is: +44 (0) 20 7499 9000.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook
- SPMG Media Global Embassies & Consulates